Should an experienced signing agent like you be covered by
Signing Agent Errors & Omissions Insurance?
Absolutely. Here's why…
- Notary E&O Insurance only covers the notarizing you do in a signing. It does not cover your signing agent duties, such as reviewing the documents with the borrower, calculating rescission dates and returning the date-sensitive loan package.
- Lawsuits against signing agents are becoming more common. Even if you are innocent, you could still face significant legal expenses for defending yourself in a lawsuit—and the company who hired you is under no obligation to help you.
- As an independent signing agent, you have unlimited personal liability for losses caused by your errors during the signing.
Signing Agent E&O Insurance is designed to fill the gaps not covered by traditional Notary Errors & Omissions Insurance. This policy covers the following:
- Innocent errors or omissions related to signing agent notarial acts
- Incorrectly dating the right of rescission
- Missed initials or non-notarized signatures
- Unauthorized changes made to documents
- Untimely completion of the signing due to the sole negligence of the signing agent
- Slow return of date sensitive documents
The Pennsylvania Association of Notaries (PAN) is the first state association in the United States to provide Signing Agent E&O Insurance.
- You have been a notary for at least 6 months
- You have taken Signing Agent Training
- You are a member of a professional association
- You keep a register
Select the desired Signing Agent E&O insurance policy below. Download the application, fill it out and return it to PAN. Then add the policy to your cart.
For more information, call PAN at 800-944-8790 or send us an email at email@example.com.
- Claims Made Policy
- Select this if you are purchasing Signing Agent E&O Insurance for the first time
- Tail Coverage Policy
- Select this if you previously purchased Signing Agent E&O Insurance but it has expired or was cancelled and normal coverage has ceased
- Purchase can only be made within 60 calendar days of the policy expiring or being cancelled.
Not a member? Visit E. R. Munro and Company for your insurance needs.
Go to Top