The Department of State's Disciplinary Actions: January 2022
- A Berks County notary failed to produce certified copies of her journal of notarial acts at the request of the Department of State’s Bureau of Enforcement and Investigation and failed to properly maintain a journal of notarial acts, as she did not record transactions related to title transfers in her journal, as is required.
- This notary public's commission was revoked.
- A Washington County notary presented a vehicle title with her husband’s purported signature to a notary public for notarization when he was not personally present at the time of the notarial act.
- Respondent is subject to disciplinary action under the Revised Uniform Law on Notarial Acts, 57 Pa.C.S. §323(a), in that Respondent lacks the honesty, integrity, competence, or reliability to hold the office of notary public.
- This notary is prohibited from reapplying for appointment and commission as a notary public for four years.
You can also find several educational videos on our YouTube channel.